- This event has passed.
KidsCamp at WordCampYYC
May 26, 2018 @ 10:30 am - 4:00 pm$10
We are excited to offer a full day of learning for the next generation. For children 8 years or older who are interested in starting their own blog or website using WordPress, KidsCamp is a must-do!
KidsCamp will run on the Saturday, May 25 during regular WordCamp hours. Other important things to know:
- participants should be 8+ years old
- participants must bring their own laptop*
- participants must be accompanied by an adult (WordCamp ticket purchase required)
- participants should come with an idea for their blog/website as this will be a hands on learning experience
- participants should have easy access to an email
We’ll kick the day off with an explanation of what WordPress is, then we’ll create a new account on WordPress.com. Once that’s set up, it’s time to set up our websites!
Lunch will be provided for all attendees. Chicken fingers and fries for the kids, and a soup/sandwich buffet for the adults.
Looking for ideas?
- focus on your favourite hobby or sport
- create a journal of your poetry, short stories or other writing
- study something new and share what you’ve learned
- share photos and life updates with your grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends (as a private site)
* A limited number of laptops are available to borrow for the day. Please email email@example.com if you need to make arrangements.